The J.T. – Minnie Maude Charitable Trust will accept grant requests from any non profit organization or governmental agency eligible to receive tax deductible contributions and is in good standing with the IRS. Grant funds must benefit the residents of Danville/Pittsylvania County. Requests for a variety of purposes will be considered. The submission of a request does not guarantee an award. All requests are subject to Trustee approval.
Grant Deadline Dates – Requests accepted three times a year
|Request and Supplemental Paperwork||February 1st, June 1st, October 1st|
“Held for Future Consideration”*
|On or before:April 1st, August 1st, December 1st|
GRANT REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS & NOTES
Include the following information on letterhead:
- Name, address, phone number of organization
- Contact person’s name, phone number and email address
- Brief description of organization’s primary mission
- Request amount (rounded to nearest dollar), location of project, timeline and purpose of grant. Include explanation of how grant funds will benefit residents of Danville/Pittsylvania County
- List other organizations from which funds have been requested and/or received for same grant purpose
- An officer/trustee of requesting organization must sign and date request
- Copy of organization’s latest financial statements, which reflect most recent fiscal year. Audited/reviewed statements are preferred; however, if final statements are not ready for public release at time of grant request, internally self-prepared preliminary fiscal year end statements are acceptable. Include these documents:
- Statement of Financial Position/Balance Sheet
- Statement of Activities/Profit & Loss Statement/Income Statement
- Statement of Functional Expenses
- If request has multiple components, provide cost (with quote, if applicable) of each component or supply program budget
- IRS determination letter of organization’s 501(c)3 exempt status, if applicable
- Religious organizations must enclose a copy of current bylaws, a list of trustees, and if affiliated with a larger group, contact information for that group
K-12 school grant requests must be submitted through the Superintendent’s office of the respective school system.
Due to the Trust’s own scholarship program, the Trust will not consider requests which establish, support or administer other higher education scholarship programs.
Trust reserves the right to request additional information.
Grants will be awarded on a non-discriminatory basis. Decisions of the Trustees are final. The Trustees or staff will not release justification for decisions made. Funds received may not be diverted to attempt to influence legislation or participate or intervene in any political campaign.