The J.T. – Minnie Maude Charitable Trust will accept grant requests from any non profit organization or governmental agency eligible to receive tax deductible contributions and is in good standing with the IRS. Grant funds must benefit the residents of Danville/Pittsylvania County. Requests for a variety of purposes will be considered. The submission of a request does not guarantee an award. All requests are subject to Trustee approval.
K-12 school grant requests must be submitted through the Superintendent’s office of the respective school system.
Due to the Trust’s own scholarship program, the Trust will not consider requests which establish, support or administer other higher education scholarship programs.
Trust reserves the right to request additional information.
Grants will be awarded on a non-discriminatory basis. Decisions of the Trustees are final. The Trustees or staff will not release justification for decisions made. Funds received may not be diverted to attempt to influence legislation or participate or intervene in any political campaign.
Grant Deadline Dates – Requests accepted three times a year
|Request and Supplemental Paperwork||February 1st, June 1st, October 1st|
|Notification Letters: “Awarded” “Denied” “Held for Future Consideration”*||On or before:April 1st, August 1st, December 1st|
GRANT REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS
Grant applications are now available online (new for 2023):
- To access application site, read agreement below and select Submit to access the
GOapply application system
- Register as a new account in the GOapply system as an organization. After registering, sign into your account using email and password. Only register as a new account once, just sign into account when returning in the future.
- Under “Opportunities” select the “2023 Grant Application” to start online application, following directions carefully. Once application is started, in progress applications are located under “In Progress” tab under “Submissions” heading.
- Prior to submitting the application, carefully review the application.
- Submit application on secure GOapply system by clicking “Submit” button on Submit page (wait to close browser window until instructed). A verification email will be sent and submitted application will appear in “Submitted” tab under “Submissions” heading.